Changing engine oil

GMC and Chevy now have an oil life sensor in their trucks.

My truck has the Duramax. The oil life sensor should be recommending an oil change at about 9,000 miles.

Should I wait this long? Is the oil life sensor a realistic indicator of the oil quality?

A number of posts have indicated that oil changes, even with synthetic should be every 3000 or so. Is changing at 3000 an emotional oil change and really not necessary?

Reply to
Dave

I consider it a bit of both. I made my first switch at 3000. Since most my driving is highway I usually do the change at 6000 miles.

You might try asking these guys:

ABC

Reply to
Jeff