changing rear speakers

Hello,

I have a '96 GMC Sierra K1500 extender cab and need to know how to change out the rear speakers. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Pat

Reply to
Pat Coates

Pat, I just did this on my '95 this past summer. Prepare yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally, for THE worst nitemare of your existance. Sarcasm aside, you must have alot of patience, to pull the plastic away from the sides to gain access to the speakers.

Once that's done, changing over the speakers is nothing. Check

for speakers; they have a table that lists various vehicles, and what speakers will fit, etc. Anything will sound better than them factory speakers...

Rick K

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
luckystrike39

To be quite honest If you want for better sound go to

and look into the Pioneer TRX40 truck box speakers. The are small yet provide decent bass. Far better than any 4x6 speaker will. Of course if more bass is desired they have truck box speakers with up to

10' woofers.

But the easiest solution that takes up the least room is the TRX 40's Speaker wires are accessible under the drivers door sill trim.

Im Right

Like Rick said, it's a pain in the ass, but here are a few tips:

  1. Make sure you want to keep the truck for a *REALLY* long time.
  2. CAREFULLY pry down the ceiling molding across the back window. I broke this several times.
  3. Unscrew bolt from seat belt shoulder points.
  4. Re-assess how long you want to keep this truck.
  5. CAREFULLY pry off the tops of the side panels. You won't be able to get them completely off, but enough to move them out of the way to change the speakers. If you have a 3rd door that one is easy, but the other side is a bitch. Taking the rear seat out helps, but wasn't worth the trouble in my opinion.
  6. Now you have access to the speakers. Changing them is the easiest part. Buy some adapters if you want to make it even easier, and if you ever plan on putting the stock speakers back before you sell the vehicle.
  7. Reverse process for re-assembly.

Good luck, and have patience or you'll break something.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Tiger