Charging auxiliary battery in 86 Silverado Camper Special

My 86 Chevy Silverado came with two batteries on account of it being a "Camper Special." In the past couple of years a variety of people have worked on it, and someone apparently disconnected whatever wire(s) used to charge the auxiliary battery, as it is not getting charged when I drive around, the way it used to.

I wonder how it is supposed to be set up to get charged. I am reluctant to take it to the Chevy dealer as the truck is getting on in years and they seem to only know about the newer vehicles.

The auxiliary battery was apparently responsible for charging up my horse trailer battery as I drive around, because that is not happening either, which it used to do.

Any help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie R