Chassis grease

I was wondering if there's any problem with using marine grease for my truck chassis lubes? I've read somewhere that some greases aren't compatible, but I don't know if this should concern me. I would be nice to use one grease for my boat trailer and truck.

Thanks!

JB

Reply to
JB

I wish there was a web site that provided this info. I'm always trying to figure out what grease to use in my vehicles. Some are old, some new and I have no idea which newer grease equals the old stuff. Also, if anyone knows a good lube for leaf springs I need help with that. My 4X4 needs it bad.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

=================================== Dont worry about it for chassis lube. I wouldnt mix it in wheel bearings though. It should say right on the tube what you can use it on.

Reply to
Scott M

It is my undertanding thaat using different greases with different "soap" values is bad As for the springs I have been using a spray Lithium grease

Hope that helps

Lee

Reply to
GCSCinc

when do you grease?

When things start squeaking?

thx

Reply to
Rich

As part of the oil change.. Usually every 3K Mi or so. I do alot of towing with a 3000 lb trailer. Was thinking of going to Daytona soon to drive along the beach

Lee

Reply to
GCSCinc

Where do you grease? If someone could provide the points which require grease on a half tonne truck I would be appreciative. Thanks

Reply to
Rich