Chev truck heater problem-HELP!

Hi,

I have a 96 regular cab Chev truck with a 350 vortec,equipped with air conditioning.

Recently the heater fan blower is only working on the high speed,the first 3 speeds don't work.

I replaced the heater blower fan motor but still only the high speed works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Reply to
CBConsulting

Replace the switch that controls the fan (the knob/console thing). Each fan setting uses a different circuit with a resister. If it only works on high, you've lost the first 3 settings or so.

Reply to
SpaseKase
3 speeds don't work. I replaced the heater blower fan motor but still only the high speed works. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

OK Look next to the blower you will see a electrical connection to the blower speed module....Held in with 2 or 3 5.5mm screws ..Pull it down if the green coating is burnt or peeling off in any way there is your problem... This is very common and id check it first..If you go get a switch you will not be able to take it back if it dont fix the problem.... Better safe than broke Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Re: Chev truck heater problem-HELP!

3 speeds don't work. I replaced the heater blower fan motor but still only the high speed works. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

OK Look next to the blower you will see a electrical connection to the blower speed module....Held in with 2 or 3 5.5mm screws ..Pull it down if the green coating is burnt or peeling off in any way there is your problem... This is very common and id check it first..If you go get a switch you will not be able to take it back if it dont fix the problem.... Better safe than broke Steve C

Call it a module if you want but it's just a resister block if I remember correctly. I think we are talking about the same part. Bob

Reply to
Bob

No I think he needs a blower motor resistor not the fan switch.'

rfs

Reply to
rfs