Chevy Express Van - Need Trailer Wiring Help

I've just added a hitch to my 2005 Chevy Express Van. For the life of me, I can't find where to plug in the hitch's wiring harness. The generic wiring direction (all of one sentence) tell me to look under the rear of the vehicle on either side, but there are no wires there. Surprisingly, I can't find any directions online as to where to find these connections either.

Where are the wiring connections at the rear of this van so I can hook up the trailer lights to it?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
hayden

Dont know about the full size van, but in my GMC Safari there is a comparment in the rear where the jack is stowed at, also has a wire harness for trailer lights, may want to check there, also some trailer light kits, you plug into part of the vehicle harnes. You may need to remove one of the rear lights to find it also.

Reply to
Craig M

A quick Google search found that a trailer wiring harness is an option and not standard on Express/Savana vans. I don't know if that's just the 7-pin for the receiver hitch itself or if that's the harness that your receiver hitch harness plugs into, to tie it into your lighting system. It seems as though that would come standard from the factory. I'd recommend looking up underneath near your tail lights to see if there's a pig tail up there to hook into.

Dave

Reply to
DirtyDave931

there is no connections,so you are going to have to splice the wires in.

Reply to
eagle0801 via CarKB.com

Let me preface this with the the statement that I am no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination. I have a 98 Express that I added a boat trailer to shortly it's purchase. I had to by an after market harness that plugged into my left rear light set up. I forgot where I got it but a search of local trailer accessory departments or maybe Chevy itself? RR

Reply to
R Richards