Chevy Impala/Caprice

Sorry about posting here but I'm trying to find info on a '95 Chevy Impala/Caprice. I couldn't find any news groups from Nesbe Cable. If anybody knows any news groups for this vehicle please let me know. I am interested in finding out what the differential ratio is, horse power rating, etc. It does have a 5.7 v8.

Reply to
Daniel Carwile

Jack up one wheel, Mark the tire and the driveshaft, put the car in N. Make one full turn with the wheel and count the revolutions of the drive shaft. divide the Number by 2 because of the differential working ( just one tire is turning) and u will have your ratio. or take the cover off and look for the numbers on the crown wheel. and divide those to get your ratio.

Matthias

Reply to
mathijs derks

I was kind of hoping someone could tell me how to get info from the vin number or give me another newsgroup that has Impala/Caprice info.

Danny

Reply to
Daniel Carwile

I did a search but nothing

Reply to
mathijs derks

search the archives for a post on the RPO codes. These codes are in the glove box and will tell you which rear you have among other things. Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland