chevy k10

i have a 79 chevy k10 and i need to get the tumbler key off does any one know where that little hole to put a pin into is???? i cant find it

Reply to
pimp696970

i have to get the tumbler key off of my 79 k10 and i cant find the hole that the pin goes into to relase the tumbler nay one know where it is???

Reply to
pimp696970

assuming you mean the lock assembly in the steering column, there is no little hole, you have to pull the steering wheel, the lock plate and then turn signal switch.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

yea i figured that out finallly today thanks i got that part fixed now my only problem is no power to distributor and the motor will only turn over if i cross over the starter with a screwdriver any suggestions???(already replaced the wirirng the original wiring was butchered igniton module and coil are also good)any ideas what it could be???(ignition switch is also brand new)(also my spark on my plug is a low orange any ideas y that is either??? i know it can be alot of things but i need suggestions to try so any help would be appreciated )

Reply to
pimp696970

Fuse links at the starter, ignition switch itself, the neutral safety switch. The first and second could explain both issues, the third the no crank issue.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

do you know how to tell if a fuse link is bad??? i think the nuetral safety switch was removed arent they normallly located on the steering cloumn toward the bottom if it was removed does that matter too??? thanks alot for your help your helpinbg me alot

Reply to
pimp696970

If its automatic then yes its at the bottom of the steering column just before it goes through the firewall. It is also the reverse light switch. Not having one, ie bypassed is a dangerous thing, all it takes is one time starting it in drive or reverse and you got a nasty accident or worse.

If its a manual tranny, its on the clutch linkage in side the cab area., the reverse light switch is on the tranny. These can be bypassed fairly safely, only a fool tries to start a stick with out making sure its in neutral.

As to telling a bad fuse link, sometimes they are burnt so bad there is no doubt. otherwise probe the harness above the fuse links with a test light, do not pierce the fuse link its self.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

thank you stay posted i still might need help thanks alot though

Reply to
pimp696970

hey man truck running now do you know where the choke wire hooks up too on the carb???i know what piece just cant fiond what it connects too. also do u know how a push button start is hooked up

Reply to
pimp696970

i figured the choke out do u know how to wire a push button ???

Reply to
pimp696970