Chevy LUV transmission questions

I am interested in a 1982 LUV Diesel ( OK it is an Isuzu sold by Chevy) It has a 5 speed that is shot. From what I understand, they had major problems with that 5 speed. Is there any automatic that will bolt up, besides the automatic that was also offered in these trucks? I have an

82 Isuzu I Mark Diesel automatic, and it only a 3 speed without lockup, so the engine is really revving at highway speeds. I would like to adapt an automatic with OD and lockup to the pickup if there is one that would work. Any info or suggetions greatly appreciated. Thanks Larry
Reply to
lp13-30