chevy s10 engine behavior

Chevy S10 2000

From a cold start, backing out, it acts like it doesn't have enough power to move and the same for going forward. its like that for about under 1 minute and finally starts going at full power.

checked oil & transmission levels at cold, appears to be ok.

ideas on whats' going on?

I'm thinking gear teeth might be going bad.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm

Extremely unlikely How many Km on it? What engine? When was trans fluid last changed? How cold is cold?

Then again, it IS a Chevy - - - .

Reply to
clare

Don't think cold weather had anything to do with it. I live in southern Louisiana. it was doing that in warm weather as well as in between cold snaps.

140,000 miles, 4 cylinder engine.

I think it was 2 years ago, mechanic found transmission fluid leaking, replaced bad seal. I assume the transmission fluid was replaced.

I didn't check the belts, didn't think about that one.

Reply to
dilbert firestorm