Cold Weather Shudder - 1989 S10 2.8L 5Spd, shortbox

Hello! 1989 S10 2.8L 5Spd, shortbox

Now that the cold weather has been here for a couple days I've noticed I developed a shudder upon take off.

Regardless of the engine temp (I could start it and let it warm right up, or go straight from cold), it shudders real bad for the 2-3 miles...

After that, it drives like it normal with no shudder - almost as if something mechanical in the drive line has "warmed" up.

My first thoughts were the U-Joints - haven't checked them for play yet as it's only been two days since this has started (well timed with the cold, too busy shoveling LOL) and haven't had a chance yet...

Looking for some thoughts/ideas... I took a quick look bit couldn't find anything similar in the NGs, if there is a previous thread I missed, let me know! Thanks!

Thank in advance.

Reply to
Robert D. Marles

Could be the tires.

Reply to
Steve W.

Could be a binding u-joint. Only way to tell is to lower the drive shaft and inspect them that way. B

Reply to
Battleax

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

Sweet! I'd love a "real" truck! Are you buying? LOL

Reply to
rmarles