Colorado / Canyon

How many of you guys have one with over 50K miles?

I had somebody tell me yesterday that they are all blowing head gaskets around 50K miles.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Frank S.

I just traded my '04 I4 Canyon with 74K km (for an '06 I5), no issues with the engine.

Reply to
Commentator

I tried to get him to specify whether its was the 4cyl or the I5 and I did not get a straight answer. I know he is a former service writer for a dealership so I would tend to believe that it happens atleast some times, but you know how people can exagerate. That's why I came here and asked. I have an 04 I5 that gets light use so it does not have many miles on it. In fact at the rate I put miles on that truck it may be out of warranty when it hits the 50K mark, so obviously, I was concerned to hear that.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

There is a misfire condition that has a TSB on valve springs, and there is some advice as to head replacement related to the same complaint. I have not heard of any issue with the head gaskets, but try a search on these forums:

Commentator

I have an 04 Colorado, I5 with 54,000 km on it and it runs like a top. Never had a better vehicle. Safety inspected twice allready and no problems; first vehicle do that for me. Gas consumption is as low as 10,2 litres/100km combined city/hyghway driving; fantastic in my book.

No rust yet either.

john

Reply to
John
59K + on mine, no problems at all with engine. Pulled plugs & inspected at 55K, no problems.

- Larry A.

Reply to
Larry A.