Coolant Leak--2002 Silverado 5300 engine

Good evening,

2002 Silverado Extended Cab Auto with 5300 engine 55,000 Miles.

Have a small coolant leak and did a quick check this afternoon and did not see anything. Will go back in the morning and check again.

I have noticed a couple of times that several drops of coolant will be on the floor in the morning after leaving all night. I can't see a leak for a short period of time, like in the afternoon in the drive way.

The reservoir has leaked down about 1 inch in the past 3 months or so.

Any one with the same or similiar situations?

Thanks and Hope all have a Happy New Year

lomax

Reply to
Lomax

Check the hose that connects to your coolant tank. Sometimes these can leak, typically attached with a cheap plastic clamp.

It can't be easily seen. Feel under the tank with your hand, and look for stains for leakage evidence. Hope this helps, Happy New Year

Reply to
Mark D

The most common coolant leak we see on this engine is from the water pump to block gaskets. Head gaskets also have been known to split and leak coolant externally. Not as common.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai