crate motor

Looking to buy a 4.3L crate motor for my 89` S-10 Blaz. Anyone have any sugestions on where to shop? What is a fair price range?

I bought a donor Blaz this summer. It has a Japer 4.3 in it with 26,000 on it. I payed $500 for the whole truck. A guy offered me $1,500 for the whole thing today. Started thinking, $1500 = new motor and less pulling.

Any feed back I like to hear!

Thanks, JQP

Reply to
John Q Public

I bought one a few years ago at Murphy Brothers auto in Ohio it was about

950 for the long block with 12,000 mile warranty. Check places like that. Auto zone, Advanced auto, pep boys.
Reply to
Sump

has some good prices on GM crate motors.

Reply to
KB