Dashboard Replacement

I drive a 1992 silverado that I've owned since it was new and well, it's seen better days. It runs pretty well, but cosmetically its falling apart. I have looked high and low for a new dashboard to replace my old cracked and falling apart one. Does anyone have any clue where to find one? Google searches arent giving me much on this. Thanks!

-Exodus119

The best way to earn cash on the net:

A lot of people make a living from this book, you can too!

Exodus119

lmc truck

Reply to
mudmonkey

I've got the same problem with my 93. The other day all three of the clips in the defroster area broke and the crack near the glove box traveled end to end. Now the whole friggen' thing bounces up and down when you hit a bump. Maybe I'll just pop rivet some ss sheet metal across the whole damn thing. I'm surprised it lasted this long. It first cracked after about 6 years. What a joke. They should have built it with a replaceable deck like the

84ish Camaro. The auto makers should make that top layer replaceable....just like the tires.
Reply to
NewsSkimmer

the defroster area broke and the crack near the

down when you hit a bump. Maybe I'll just pop rivet

long. It first cracked after about 6 years. What a

The auto makers should make that top layer

lmctruck.com

Reply to
HDS

I keep my Windshield blocked with a Reflective like Cover that blocks out the sun and cuts down on quite a bit of heat build up inside the truck on Hot days. When it's parked, the cover goes up. Does a good job, I hope besides keeping the heat down inside when parked, when I remove it, it's like BAM, the heat just hits you, so I usually let the truck run with the AC on a couple minutes before I remove the cover, I'm also hoping it'll allow the Dash to hold up a lot better, a lot longer. My truck is only a 03, but it still looks brand new after 4 years. I have one of the Custom one's that fits my windshield exactly. Only takes a few seconds to throw up when I park. My truck is always outside, not in a Garage.

If you could only tint your Windshield, that would help, but you can't. I see screwed up dashes on all kinds of cars as they age. This time I'm trying a little Preventive Maintenance. Even if it doesn't help the Dash much, (and I think it will) at least it cuts out a lot of heat and keeps my Dark Grey truck a whole lot cooler in the Summer when I hop into it.

Reply to
JBDragon