Daylight Running Lights....

Not working. '96 Silverado. Diesel.

Lights come on with the switch only. The light on the dash (for daytime running lights) is on.

I've checked all relays and fuses.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny H

Daytime running light diode was a bit problem for the older body style trucks. I bet it just blew out. If you lay on the floor by the pedals looking up under the dashboard, its a black box that has fins on it. The length and width is about the same size as a credit card, maybe a little shorter and about an inch thick. Its near the bottom of the dash closer to the center of the truck, opposite the gas pedal if I remember correctly. There are 2 tabs that are bent on the bracket that holds the diode in, unbend those tabs and slide it out. Bring that to the dealer and say you need a Daytime Running Light Diode. Install is reverse. Hope thats what the problem was.

Reply to
Jay

If my Emergency brake does not return all the way the daytime lights do not come on on my 94 GMC 1500. You could have a bad emergency brake switch. Try pulling up on the emergency brake and see if they come on

Steve

Reply to
joe

The light on the dash (for daytime running lights) is on. I've checked all relays and fuses.

What could be the problem?

He said he checked all the relays and fuses.

But..... it's an easy enough diagnostic step... so I say go ahead and give er a little wiggle and sees whats happens.

After all........ his definition of "all" and "checked" may not be the same as mine.

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster