Daylight Running lights stopped working

'98 Silverado.

The lights turn on with the switch, but not with the key switch. The light on the dash for the running lights are on.

What should I check first.

Thanks, Sonny

Reply to
Sonny H

Daytime running lights don't have a switch. When you start your truck they come on. Your DRL's are part of the high beam system, if that's what you mean by turning them on with the switch. They are not full high beam, though. If you have that light in the dash, you probably have a blown fuse. Left side of the dash and its labeled "DRL's" - It might also be the relay, but I don't think the light in the dash would come on if the relay was bad.

Reply to
George

Reply to
Ol' Duffer

I know that!

That's what I meant when I said they work with the "switch," meaning the headlight switch.

The "key" switch, meaning Ignition switch, they will not come on, like they're suppost to.

I'll check the fuse. Thanks, Sonny

Reply to
Sonny H

Okay buddy.