Detroit's darkest hour

Are you serious? 4x4 front drive axel/hub assembly failures are nearly NONEXISTENT. Do you have any data indicating they fail any more often than rear axle assemblies??? What the heck are you talking about???

You vast experience with ONE F-150?

Since when did trucklet parts (Bronco II/Ranger/Explorer GM K-5 and K-10) enter in to this discussion.

How many 3/4 & 1-ton (real trucks) lock out hubs have you seen fail? You know damn well not too many.

You have a Penis fixation too? The more you rave about a nonexistent problem the sillier you look.

Well your position is questionable at best when you lump it together with your asinine assertion that lock out hub don't function exactly as designed, with nearly zero failures for well over 100,000 miles in 99% of all new 4x4 trucks.

True

and in this case, there is no chance

Actually bean counters have been directing engineering choices in Detroit for way too long, he is not far off...

No but you are the one making the silly assertion. Provide you proof. You have been called show your hand!

If this high failure rate is anything other than a figment of your imagination, you should be able to easily provide all sorts of links to information about these extensive failures. Otherwise, you are simply spewing bullshit.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

I can't believe you 2 guys are still posting in this silly thread. Good grief! Thanks for crossposting and have a nice day! Just call each other on the phone and get it all straightened out.

Reply to
Joe

Yes.

Based on your experience as an owner. An owner who doesn't know the difference between an axle bearing and a wheel bearing. What state do you live in?

Why are you asking an auto mechanic for statistical data? Could you possibly be any more absurd? I am giving you the benefit of my observations, f*ck me that I didn't know to keep detailed records starting back in 1979 when I first worked in a dealership. I'd really like to give you the statistics for 1983, it was a harsh winter, but I was a little busy fixing vehicles, I didn't have time to stand there with a clip board with my tie tucked into my shirt. Tell ya what, -YOU- invent the time machine and we'll both go back together and you can watch over my shoulder. Sounds fair to me.

Apparently, something that is bursting your bubble big time.

You've added no comments so I'll just assume that there is no disagreement and you actually learned something.

Read again, pay more attention to where I say "the number of lock out hubs I've replaced during my years in GM and Ford dealerships,"

Since the size of the vehicle has nothing to do with the fact that added components and complexity adds to the likelihood of more frequent failure.

Why would you even bother to ask given that earlier in your reply, you expressed dissatisfaction with my methods of recall. You'll just have to use your imagination since I can't produce the laboratory grade test results tabulated on a fleet of Cray super computers amatorized according to congressional voting districts and cross checked against blood type.

No, but you probably do since it seems to have upset you so.

So, go buy a Super Duty with vacuum locking hubs and get back to me in a few years and tell me all about "silly" when your truck won't pass an emissions test because the seals in the vacuum hubs are leaking and setting lean trouble codes. (but I'm thinking this might be a bit over your head)

Luckily, I'm not a whole lot concerned since it's quite apparent that your experiences are (to say the least) limited.

Indeed.

While that statement in and of itself is true, that doesn't necessarily make it the case in this instance. Snocone has a habit of picking out what -he- considers a flaw based upon fourth hand information and then preaching it like it's gospel. He's a self proclaimed master mechanic who's publicly admitted to farming out his leaking intake manifold gaskets (2 times on the same truck), beating Dana rear axles together with a hammer and numerous other atrocities too horrible to repeat here. (IOWs, he's a shit kicker) Even if what he is saying were true, based upon what we both agree on, he deserves a double measure of the same 'no credibility' ploy as you've attempted to use on me.

Get a job as a mechanic, join i-ATN, then do a search.

You not being in the right position to be aware does not equal me spewing bullshit.

Or; state your occupation, number of years of experience, percentage of work hours doing driveline repairs/overhauls, brand sponsored and/or aftermarket certifications and which training centers you've attended and/or taught at.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

aardvarkbarracuda69062:

Beat it, troll.

Reply to
Beryl

This is where you should take your own advice.

Reply to
Roy

lmfao. holy jumpin and down martha. barrow, you gotta be kidding. you are the biggest troll around........well steve b may be a very close ssecond, but you are still number one. you should be happy though, at least you made it to number one at something.

Reply to
theguy

Nah. aardvarkbarracuda is another feces-hurling punk from the Ford balljoint thread that you once thought was important that I read, but then refused to say why. What was your problem there?

Reply to
Beryl

Like I said take you own advice.

Reply to
Roy

Like you snipped:

Hmm? Skippy? Hello?

Reply to
Beryl

You're just another one of Snofraud's sock puppets.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Yup, get use to it.

You still don't get it do ya troll boy? Let me help you out a bit. Most of the folks at this ng and others realize that the Idiot is well, a idiot. They also seem to realize that your a ass hole. As such, your pretty much ignored,. you try but you fail. You might as well go back and bury your face in the Idiot's lap. It will give you something to do and keep the Idiot occupied . Sort of a win win for the pair of you and the reader's of this ng. Swallow it all troll boy, don't make a mess..

Reply to
Roy

On Wed, 02 May 2007 22:40:04 +0200, Nomen Nescio felt we'd all be better off knowing the following:

Anyone else wonder why this troll posted using a anonymous remailer?

Gee...

Reply to
PerfectReign

aardvarkbarracuda69062:

He's unfazed, takes the flaming in stride. I don't know him, don't worry about him, don't really care whether he's an idiot, or not. It's very sporting-like to rile punks though, just seems like the right thing to do. And they enjoy it, I've been told so.

So you're some kind of hermaphrodite/platypus character, huh?

Reply to
Beryl

Nope, he has been doing this same bs for years.

Reply to
Roy

That's funny.

Right. When he gets called on his bullshit, he turns tail and hides.

Because you wouldn't know the difference anyway.

I'm relieved to know that you'll have something to do when school lets out.

According to you, I am a punk. Make up your mind Sheryl, which is it?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

aardvarkbarracuda69062:

"Yup, get use to it." But wait, that isn't SnoMan, it's bashful Roy, your balljoint feces-hurling co-star.

Punk is confirmed. You like bouncing lil' punkin in your lap as much as Roy does?

Reply to
Beryl

C'mon troll boy, get with the program. The only thing bouncing in a lap, is your face in the Idiot's lap. Don't make a mess, no drooling.

Reply to
Roy