Diagnostics Question for 1998 Chevy Express

My father, an electrician, drives a 1998 Chevy Express 1 ton. It started sputtering on the way to work about a week ago, and on the way home we were barely able to coast into a PepBoys. It's still there, and they've run a diagnostic test. The codes they gave us are (and sorry if some dont make sense. They are hand-written and hard to decipher): P0102-Mass AVFlow Circuit Signal Low P0121-TP Sensor App Sensor Problem P0327-Knock Sensor Signal Shorted/Low P0340-Camshaft Position Sensor Problem P0463-Fuel Level Sensor Ckt Signal High/Open P1345-CKP/CMP Correlation Problem

The service engine light has been on for quite a while, so it is hard to say which of these problems are recent and which ones have been around before the van broke down. My question is, which of these problems are serious and could cause a van to lose power, sputter, and even stall out sometimes? My guess from reading these forums is that the CKP/CMP correlation problem is the most serious. Any suggestions? Oh, and one more thing...it has been raining REALLY hard around here recently. I doubt that is relevent, but its worth mentioning. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Alden1010

offhand, I'd say the ECM has taken a dump

anytime you get that many codes at once, it's either an ECM problem or you have lost power to all the engine sensors

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Try to clear the codes after you logged them down. Restart and see what codes come back on.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

Yep got to agree with everyone...Clear the codes first to see if anything comes back.... Could be your ECM....Do a visual at the ecm harness see if there is anything obvious...We get alot of rats eating wires down here in sunny south Texas...Which can also through alot of codes...Could be as simple as a wire repair.. S Cook Diagnostics Question for 1998 Chevy Express Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Mon, May 30, 2005, 12:40pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@jbu.edu (Alden1010) My father, an electrician, drives a 1998 Chevy Express 1 ton. It started sputtering on the way to work about a week ago, and on the way home we were barely able to coast into a PepBoys. It's still there, and they've run a diagnostic test. The codes they gave us are (and sorry if some dont make sense. They are hand-written and hard to decipher): P0102-Mass AVFlow Circuit Signal Low P0121-TP Sensor App Sensor Problem P0327-Knock Sensor Signal Shorted/Low P0340-Camshaft Position Sensor Problem P0463-Fuel Level Sensor Ckt Signal High/Open P1345-CKP/CMP Correlation Problem The service engine light has been on for quite a while, so it is hard to say which of these problems are recent and which ones have been around before the van broke down. My question is, which of these problems are serious and could cause a van to lose power, sputter, and even stall out sometimes? My guess from reading these forums is that the CKP/CMP correlation problem is the most serious. Any suggestions? Oh, and one more thing...it has been raining REALLY hard around here recently. I doubt that is relevent, but its worth mentioning. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Steve Cook