Different Duramax Question

Can an older duramax (2002) be re-programmed to do the same things as the newer ones as far as tq/HP are concerned?

i.e. Can I take my 02 truck to the dealer and have them reprogram the thing with all of the 04 truck stuff so I end up with the 310hp/590ft#?

Just curious.

Reply to
SpaseKase

Sorry, but it's more than just the programming that makes the difference between the LB7 motor (yours and mine) and the new LLY motor. If you go to

there is an interestingarticle on the changes for the new motor. That being said, if you really, really want an increase in HP and torque, then there are about a dozen aftermarket add-ons ranging from exhaust systems to chip reprogrammers that you can get if you are willing to spend some fairly serious $$$. Personally, 300HP and 520 ft-lbs of torque is more than enough for me, but if you want more, then I say go for it.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race