Digital Dash - Odometer Problem

The odometer doesn't work on our '92 Buick Regal with the digital dash. We just swapped in a 'new' dash instrumentation panel from the wreckers, and it also doesn't work. Everything else on the dash does work. All fuses were verified to be good. The speedometer works fine on both the old and new dash instrumentation.

Any ideas? If the speedometer works the odometer should be working, right?

Reply to
Dave

Hi!

Just a guess, really. Depending upon how the digital dash is designed, the controller may be onboard. Perhaps it has countermeasures to prevent people swapping a dash from a lower mileage car.

If the new dash works, you may just wish to live with no odometer. (I know this could create legal difficulties, but most odometer disclosure statements I'm familiar with do have statements concerning readings in excess of mechanical limits or broken odometers.)

I don't think a lot of documentation on the ills of digital dashboards exists. People are out there who repair them, but it can be expensive.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh