disable the door ajar chime

does anyone know how to disable the door ajar chime in a 05 silverado? if i turn my key to accessory and open the doors so i can listen to the radio the door ajar chime drive me insane. i have looked around on the door to find the switch that senses when the door is open but i have yet to find it. if anyone knows what i can do short of disconnecting the speaker, i would appreciate it.

Reply to
j.kilgo

hi, yes there is a way there is a wire you cut in the body control module under the dash, i will have to look tomorrow to see which one it is. it will stop the chime when the key is in ignition and door open

Reply to
sierra_5300

You can also change the volume of the chime by playing with the chime volume settings on the radio. Read the manual on the hows and whys. It's where the chimes are coming from. I would not cut the wire, but that's just me. Replacing the factory radio with an aftermarket unit will cure it also.

Reply to
Augustus

The switch is in the door latch on my 2000 silverado. To stop the chime, I stick something like a screwdriver into the latch as if the door is being closed. This will stop the chime. But be sure to remember to open the latch again by pulling on the handle and opening the latch before you close the door.

Reply to
DMC

under the dash there is a body control module there a 5 connectors 2 small blue, a light blue orange and gray, in the light blue one cut the green wire not the green and black the green only. this will not effect any other chime except key in ignition with door open.

05 and 06 should be the same mine is a 06
Reply to
sierra_5300