do i have to add an additive to castrol synthetic limited slip differential fluid

Got a chevy S-10 and i am changing out the differential fluid in it. Im going to be putting Castrol Synthetic 75w-90 in it and it says limited slip on the bottle in bold letters. My question is do i still need to add an additive ???????

Reply to
Meshog 2020

No. The additive is to make differential fluid into limited slip differential fluid.

Reply to
clare

Thanks Clare i just wanted to make sure before i filled it all the way up. I just got through replacing the rearend differential after going down the interstate and having the old one lock up and bust a rather large hole in the differential housing and didnt want the same thing to happen to this one. Thanks Again

Reply to
Meshog 2020