door pin replacement

I have a 1989 chevrolet k1500 pickup truck. The door pins are very worn on the driver's side door (in fact, one of the pins has sheared off completely). This is making it very difficult to close the door without having to slam the door very hard. I want to replace these pins but im not really sure how you go about changing them. Does the door have to come off in order to do it?? Some info on how to do this would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Reply to
thirdeye

Yes....most body shops will do a door pin replacement for less than $100. My '94 Suburban had the drivers door done 3 times in the 10 years I owned it. Passenger door once.

Reply to
Augustus

Pretty simple really, just do one at a time and the door can stay on. you do need a spring tool but they are cheap. The pins and bushings are cheap too. They just push out with a small hammer.

Reply to
ScottM