duramax

I'm interested in buying a ued chev, diesel but i want the duramax, Any body know what year they came out?

Reply to
<hood700

Sigwings

I would not get the first ones. Lot's of injector problems. I believe the second generation engines started in 2004.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

2001 models.
Reply to
SnoMan

I am not aware of serious injector problems on 01?s but there were on

02?s and 03?s
Reply to
SnoMan

And of course you work right next to the guy in the dealership who does "all" of the Duramax work, don't you? Man, you are a pain in the ass.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Hey, he's got one in his back yard, he should know...lol

Reply to
Battleax

Reply to
Jim Bryant

Not likely. I have busted up fodations and it takes a lot more power than that P/U with a Dmax can put to the ground.

Reply to
TheSnoMan

So your thinking more along the lines of a D9.... Good to know... ;)

mark

Reply to
r_d

No more along the lines of a Case 580L or M backhoe. I took out a undergound pool with one several years ago and it was tuffer than tearing out building footers are times. I also dug up a garage foundation and cut a path 100 yard long and 20 feet wide clear to the ground through a mature woods a few weeks ago in less than 8 hrs run time, all with a 10 ton 100 HP dozer. My neighbot has a old 1 ton chevy stake bed (early 60's) with a 6 banger, 5.14 gears and a 11.5 ring geared eaton axle with a 7 to one granny gear. If there is a truck that is a "stump puller", that one is. I have seen Wyoming use D10's regualry when they are cutting new roads through rocky areas. On one job they had

3 of them going.

--

TheSnoMan

I guess so! You would need to scoop a couple tons over the rear axle to get traction tho.

Reply to
Joe Cougar