Duramax

Hello, I am planning to by an 04-06 Duramax 3/4 ton with a trailering package I was wondering if there are any issues or problems I should be aware of. Any opinions good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...........Ed

Reply to
Ed Atyeo

Greetings,

50k miles on my '04 CHevy 2500HD crewcab 2wd with the Duramax and the Allison and no real problems to complain about. A few very minor recalls (removed a seatbelt loop in the back seat and they installed a new 2 micron factory fuel filter), I had wind noise from the weather seal around my windshield (fixed free) and they even repainted the arm on the brake pedal for some discoloration I never noticed. I had a bump in my tranny when shifting which was corrected by reflashing the computer (free). The truck has never been in the shop for longer than a few hours - mostly waiting for the technician.

I've only made three modifications/additions - a LineX spray-in bed liner, I installed factory fog lights, and added a secondary 2 micron fuel filter on the main line from the tank. This truck runs and looks great, and tows like a dream.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Keep in mind that there are two versions of the '06 Duramax. Those produced after about September 30, 2005 and have 360 hp with 650' pounds of torque and those produced before that date and have 310 hp and something just under

600' pounds of torque if I remember correctly. Both '06 versions have the 6 speed Allison automatic while '04 and '05 models have a 5 speed Allison automatic.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Recer