Early verses Late Harness for 4l80e

Arghhhh,

I am working on a '92 truck with a 4l80e. The transmission acts up when warm and at stop signs. When stopped, it seems like it is pulling, but when you step on the gas, it almost feels like it goes to neutral, engine revs and then BAM.... takes off and shifts fine.

So, I happened along a '93 (or newer) 4l80e, and lo and behold, it has a different harness. Looks like I can spend $150 plus to rewire the inside with a new harness, But in that "the guy said it only had 40,000 miles on it" (ya right..), I hate to invest much just yet.

No one makes a harness ADAPTER to use the older chassis plug on the newer tranny ??

I cant believe it.

Your help appreciated !

Grummy

Reply to