Edelbrock Cat-back System

Does anyone know anything about the Edelbrock RPM Cat-Back systems? Do they sound good? I'm looking for an exhaust system for my new '04 Sierra. I've used Flowmaster in the past, but the Edelbrock system is a little cheaper.

TIA, Kyle

Reply to
KB

I've had an Edelbrock #5622 (split exit) on my '94 for two years. Easy to install. Very nice fit and finish. Sounds deep and powerful. Not too loud, but enough so my friends know when I arrive!

John Goodlad Hermosa Beach, CA

Reply to
John Goodlad

Kyle,

Sound clips on the Edelbrock website.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Thanks, Doc! They sound pretty good!!

Kyle

Reply to
KB

Got them as well on my 99 K1500 with the 350. They do sound good!

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Is there any hope for my 95 GMC, 1/2 ton, SWB, 4.3 litre V6 ??? Surely someone's designed something for the V-6 Banger. Nice looking truck,,, just no TONES !! Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick

Rick,

No hope. A six cylinder will always sound like a six cylinder. Just try to keep the exhaust as quiet as possible! The louder a six gets the worse it sounds.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Well my truck doesn't sound too great (V6) but my wife's V6 in a Grand AM sounds pretty good to me. Maybe the muffler is going on it or it has some special stuff... I'll have to look at it. Sounds tough as hell when you get on it. I think it's a smaller V6 than my truck too.

Reply to
Sounds Like A Porsche

AMEN... now if we could only get all these 'tards with loud 6 and 4 bangers to understand that.

When I bought my '93 C1500 W/T the previous owner had cut the cat off, ran a pipe 5' out from the cat and put a Y in it into 2 glasspacks and

3" tips out under the bumper. Sounded like ASS... I don't know how he could stand to drive the thing. I got annoyed after driving it 2 days. Cut the crap off and stuck a muffler on the end with a turndown. Nice and quiet now... like anything smaller than a V8 should be.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Ahhhh, the infamous fart cannons! My neighborhood is plagued by them. My only comfort is that my truck is loud enough I can rarely hear them. I can't understand how these kids think that having a car that sounds like a weed whacker or a leaf blower is "cool."

Ahhh man, that would have sounded terrible!

6-cylinders can sound pretty decent when you open them up, if (and only if) you have a quiet exhaust. That way, you're hearing the engine noise and not the exhaust tone, ya' know what I mean? An 8-cylinder on the other hand sounds good from both ends, so a nice loud exhaust plus the engine noise are music to my ears.

My wife drives a 98' Sonoma with the 4.3L and it sounds really nice around 4 grand, but that's cause I'm hearing the engine whine and not the exhaust tone. You seen the size of the OEM mufflers on these things!? Freakin HUGE. GM has the right idea, keep em' quiet.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

You're right about the V6 exhaust. My 94 Z34 has two huge mufflers on the end of the exhaust system and sounds cool when cranked up. But you do here mainly engine and intake sounds.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Installed the Edelbrock system tonight. Nice sound at idle and cruising, but going through 1st gear gets a little loud! lol Overall, I'm impressed with the system.

Reply to
KB

< snip >

I think that they all sound a little loud when you first install them. It's just a change from quite to throaty. I thought the same when I put my Magna Flow system on. Particularly as it was cold whether and the windows were up all the time. When Spring rolled around I had to get used to it with the windows down. ;-)

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo