El Camino suspension fitting to a C/10 ?

I'm helping a friend freshen up his '70 Chevy C10 (SWB stepside). Two of the changes he wants to do are to install front discs and change over to 5 lug wheels (it has 6-lug now). Well we came across a '71 El Camino SS parts car just recently, and now I am wondering what it would take to slide the EL Camino front suspension & rear end under the C10 ?

Thanks in advance ~

Reply to
Daren

Why does he want 5 lugs, find a pair of rims that he likes that only come in

5 lug? I never really liked 5 lug. I'd rather have 6 lug or 4 lug, more symmetrical. Dunno about putting "G" body stuff in a C10....

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

About an extra foot of width on the Elky parts to fit the much wider truck body...........................as well as extensive modifications and welding to get the parts to match up with the C10 mounting points.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"