Electric brakes on 1500 hd

I am looking to haul a trailer and I need electric brakes on the truck. My question is what are some the better brake controls for a 2003 1500 hd pickup? How easy is to install the brake control?

thanks jb

Reply to
Jeremy

Greetings

I recommend the Tekonsha Prodigy.

This controller gets rave reviews. Check in your truck and there should be a wiring harness that came with it that plugs into the panel under the dash just above the driver's left foot. The ends of this harness are labeled and are connected to the matching wires from the brake controller. Very easy if you have basic skills. If you don't already have the wiring harness that came with the truck, you can buy one online from Camping World as well.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I would suggest buying one of Tekonsha's pre-wired harnesses anyway. Makes it a truly plug-and-play installation. This way you don't mix up what wire goes where. I recall my dad having to contact Tekonsha because the wires on his truck's harness didn't have the same color coding as the Tekonsha harness (before we knew about the pre-wired harnesses). There were labels on both, but better safe than sorry. This was on a Dodge of course, and when he got his new Ram, he got the pre-wired harness, that was truly an easy installation.

Reply to
Mike Levy