Electric Windows problem (2000 Suburban)

My driver electric window does not work anymore. I can open all other windows from the drivers door panel buttons. Sounds like the electric motor for the drivers door ( I guess...?)

a. Does this self diagnosis sound right to others more knowledgeable? b. Is this a fairly easy item to repair yourself or should I take it to the dealer? (quotes from several part stores quote about $85.00 for the motor !) b. If you think it's easy to repair/replace yourself, how the heck do you remove the inside door panel??

Thanks for whatever advice anyone can give me...

Reply to
davek

It could be the motor OR it could be the switch. Don't go and buy a motor till you've ruled out the switch.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

It could be the Motor or the switch. The Driver door is almost always the one the fails first. After all your opening and closing that 1 window much more then any of the others. Not only is the motor running, but your moving that switch back and forth, and either one could fail. You don't sound like you know what your doing if you can't even figure out how to remove a door panel. If it's under warrantee then take it to the dealer, otherwise it may be cheaper to have a regular Garage fix it for you.

Reply to
JBDragon