Electrical gremlins?

Hi everyone. I posted a while ago about the problems I've been having with my 2000 GMC Sonoma. when I get up to speeds of 65-70 MPH, the ABS light will come on and the red BRAKE light will flash intermittently in no pattern whatsoever. Just every now and then it will flash on and off once.

Also, the speedometer needle seems to quiver back and forth, whick drives the cruise control crazy, surging faster and slower.

I thought it might be a bad speed sensor so I replaced it but that didn't change anything.

One thing I did notice that was strange: whenever I'm cruising down the interstate around 70-75 and the needle's jumping around like usual, if I mash the gas to the floor, the needle will hover/quiver and not speed up with the car... once i let off the gas, it jumps back up to wherever it should be (still quivering tho).

Anyone know what the hell this could be? (other than another reason for me to hate computerized cars)

If I can't figure it out, I'll take it to the dealer, but that's a LAST RESORT, as I don't really have the money to feed them.

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

bobo

Thanks for the insight... I never would have thought of somthing like that. Thanks a bunch!

Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell