Electronic 8 point compass

I live in michigan, and some how the zone on my compass is messed up, there are 16 zones, does anyone know what it would be for michigan? I would like the compass to read the correct direction that I am headed in. Comments welcome

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

Hi!

Some compasses can be reset by simply driving around a few times in a circle. Make sure you're away from metallic objects that might confuse the compass.

Or maybe this will help you out: (scans from my truck's manual -- the second one has a zone map)

(shows the directions, 156K)
(shows the map, 261K) William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Thanks. hopefully this will help.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

I lost my owners manual, I should order one.

"William R. Walsh" wrote in message news:ONVnd.365676$wV.197900@attbi_s54...

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

I will email you some information.

Reply to
ABC

Hi!

Not a bad idea. I lost mine to leaving it in the truck bed and having a rain shortly afterward. I meant to take it out and see if I could dry it, but then a half of it blew away as I was traveling down the road.

To replace the one for my 2003 S-10 (which is where the scans came from) was about $40. I took it as a lesson and from that day forward I have always made certain to place it in the glovebox when I am done.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Not half as bad as me one winter. my friend and I were driving to port huron, I live in michigan. and I had a $200 video card for my computer on my tounno cover butted up against the cab, we drove to port huron then we were whipping dounuts in a parking lots that doesnt get plowed. When we got to port huon, at best buy, I got out of my truck and seen the video card sitting there. Thank god it wasnt lost on the way there or in that parking lot.

"William R. Walsh" wrote in message news:8YAod.139447$R05.3811@attbi_s53...

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove