engine casting help

I just pulled a 350 out of my 69 C20. I was told it was originally out of a camaro. I am debating whether or not to rebuild, or buy rebuilt. The problem is that I do not know what I have in front of me. I was able to grab these two numbers off the block. Let me know if you need any more information.

57LGSGI 62750N
Reply to
drews_94580

Those numbers don't correspond to any standard Chevrolet casting number for any year....where are you getting them from? Suggest you read the links below, in order

Augustus

yea sorry about that. I had the wife look them up while I was at work. They didnt seem correct to me either so thats why I asked.

Here is what I was able to find: block:104243880 head:14096217

so you think this one is worth rebuilding?

Reply to
drews_94580

what condition is the block in, thats a start

Reply to
mudmonkey

yea sorry about that guys. I still had some work to do to figure out the problem. So everything looks good, except for the bent rod in cyl

  1. All the other rods look good, and there doesnt seem to be any wear on anything else. The heads look good (besides the normal carbon crust). Do you think it would be worth it to buy one piston/rod/etc or a whole new set, or rebuild the whole thing. The cyl wall was also perfectly fine, and there did not seem to be any wear on the adjacent rod. The engine is a ZZ3 4 bolt main crate engine w/ 350ft-lbs 300hp.
Reply to
drews_94580

It takes some tremendous pressure to bend a rod. I would have the block and head checked for cracks before putting it into a vehicle.

Tinker

Reply to
Zopilote