Engine computer OEM #

I have a 1995 Chevy s10, 4.3 litre, 2wd, tbi. I'm trying to find a replacement for my engine computer. There's a sticker on it with a barcode, and the number 16199965, which apparently is the OEM number, four letters BJWN, and a long string - *86BJWNK650184898* .

I gave the OEM number to several parts places, but none have an exact match. One person said that the last four numbers didn't have to match, only the "1619" was important. Two people said it did have to match. The rest didn't know. There were two computers available:

16197427, and 16196395. Do any of you know for sure if one of these will work? I'm not entirely sure if the problem is the computer, so I have to know if the computer I put in works, so I can tell what the problem is. Thanks.
Reply to
George Jetson

<davisbc

wrote in news:bXvdf.13373$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net: