Engine failure Yukon XL 2008 1500

I was told that my GMC Yukon 2008 1500 XL could have engine failure because of the 8 cylinder - 4cylinder Econ option. Is this true or are there other factors to consider

Thanks

Reply to
Mark

I have a 2006 Trailblazer EXT with this feature and have not had any problems with it. I've had other problems (faulty seatbelts, bad computer, bad ignition module, etc), but no engine issues.

John

Reply to
John Hartshorn