Engine hesitation problem. Can someone help?

Hi all, I have a 1989 Chevy Conversion van with a 350 throttle body injection system. Recently it has started to hesitate after I have been running it and stop at say a store for 20 minutes. Then when I get back in and start it it runs rough almost like it's loading up. I have to baby the accelerator barely pushing it until it clears up which can take up to 5 minutes. The engine seems to have almost no power during this time. Meanwhile the exhaust has a strange smell. Not like a converter but just semi burned fuel, which kinda burns the eyes. Once it clears up it runs great again. Any thoughts? Thanks. Chris

Reply to
Chris Mares

check your TBI unit for leaks. it sounds like your regulator is leaking, dripping raw gas into the engine. this will make the engine run extremely rich until the raw gas is burned off.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to