Engine light and abs light

I have a 95 Chevy 1500 with over 186000 miles on it. The engine light comes on with a code for the EGR valve. I replaced the EGR valve and the control solenoid for the EGR valve, but I still get the light. Any ideas?

I also am getting an ABS light which if I diagnosed correctly, points towards the rear sensor. Where the he** is the rear sensor, I didn't see one anywhere. Thanks for any help on either of these issues you can give me.

Reply to
Troy

While you were in the process of replacing the EGR valve, did you perchance clean the carbon buildup from the intake manifold? That can sometimes inhibit flow to the point of a SES light....

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Inline..........

  1. Reset the ECM by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
  2. If #1 don't work you might need to clean the carbon out of the EGR port in the intake.

You don't mention if it's 2WD or 4WD. The rear wheel sensor is the VSS (vehicle speed sensor), located in the tailshaft of the transmission in 2WD models, or in the rear output shaft of the transfer case in 4WD models.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to