Engine light flashing?

4 months after buying my 2004 Colorado with I5 engine my engine light started flashing. Garage said it was a mis-fire in one of the cylinders. They couldn't find any reason for the mis-fire so they switched plug wires and flushed the fuel system.

Truck ran fine for 11 months then the same thing happened again. While driving down the road the tranny wanted to down shift (going into a stiff wind). It felt like someone just attached a 5 ton weight to the rear end. The engine light stated flashing again.

Shop replaced a fuel injector and spark plug. Next day it did the very same thing.

This time I was told that GM just issued a TSB for this problem. Now they are going to replace the exhaust valve springs. I was told that while waiting for the new parts to come in driving the truck like this won't hurt it.

Reply to
TheKevster

It won't hurt it. And yes, that is the fix for the problem. Hopefully, your shop will know how to do this job correctly. One of our techs tackled this job a couple of months ago and in a fit of idiotic stupidity.....managed to almost completely destroy the engine. He got fired over that one. These engines are fairly simple to work on, but you must "read" the manual, and use the "special" tools.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai