Engine Miss Update & Fix

Posted some questions/comments a few days back, thanks to all who replied. Had replaced my fuel pump/filter, but was still getting miss under load/heavy acceleration.

On the advice of a trusted Chevy tech (plus someone in here), I yanked the distributor for close inspection. When I got in on the bench, I could NOT BELEIVE my eyes! That thing looked like it laid in the dirt and crap for 10 years! The shaft would hardly turn, the pickup had rust and crud all on the inside, etc. I'm sorry now I didn't take a pic of it to post.

Apart it came for a thourough cleaning. It's back in, and runs 95% better. No cracks or lateral movement in the shaft, but it probably should have a new module and/or pickup installed.

So, thanks again to the group for the advice/assistance.

Rick K

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Nobody