Engine swap question

Hi all, Just did a trade for an '87 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4. It has a TBI 305 and a

4-speed manual w/granny low.

My question is, are there any changes that need to be made to the TBI to swap the engine out with a 350?

I never could figure out what the point of the 305 motor was... it has no guts to pull, yet it's not small enough to get decent fuel mileage. Oh well...

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tony Kimmell

(to email me, put a "2" after my last name in my email address)

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

The point to a 305? It's a great engine for everyday use, and with a few bolt-ons, I've seen 'em get 327 HP. (was in a carcraft a few years back)

Under your logic, should the only small block be a 400, the only big block be a 502, only v-6 be a 4.3? That leaves a lot of holes in the market place that the other engines fill quite nicely... :-)

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers