engine whine

What is the culprit for engine whine? I hear it through my speakers when the radio is on and I hear it with the radio off. Just replaced the plugs and wires so was wondering if the regulator or alternator was going out. This is on a 2001 Silverado with 70k miles, all stock.

Reply to
msmap

Hi!

It could be the alternator, but it may not be bad. Check for a bad battery or bad connections to the battery first.

Ignition noises are usually not smooth whines. If you listen closely enough, the whine probably won't be completely smooth.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh