Exhaust recommendations

Hey Tailgator, Thanks for the info. The "7" when you stand on it might be a little louder than I'm looking for. Your truck sounds nice. I also put an K&N air intake on my 01 and now am doing the same on my 04. Why do people think that K& N air intakes will hurt your engine? I have never had any problems. The filters are pretty good.

Anyway thanks for the info.

Tailgator wrote:

Reply to
Rocketman

Rocketman, The oil used in the K&N filter WILL eventually coat your MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor and cause it to fail. There is sufficent data that refutes K&N's claim that they "flow more air". The best filter for your truck is an AC paper filter.

Cheers,

Reply to
KB

highway

itself.

Reply to
arkcal

There is a TSB my local service writer showed me when he saw my K&N intake that clearly stated if an oiled air filter was used, many warranties were were null and void. I tossed mine really quick after that and I just hope they didn't record that I had one in their system. Might be total BS and a way out for the dealer, but even so I'd hate to void a warranty on a new truck regardless.

Derek

Reply to
genius

Just do a Google seach for "K&N MAF". I've heard that GM has a TSB out for this. Maybe Ian or someone can confirm this. As far as the performance of paper vs. K&N, check out

Cheers, Kyle

Reply to
KB

KB, Thanks for the info. I had never heard of this. How big a deal is the MAF? How would I know if one failed? If one fails does it damage anything serious or does it just decrease performance or MPG? How much to replace or fix the MAF?

Thanks,

KB wrote:

highway

itself.

Reply to
Rocketman

it determines how much air is entering the engine... i.e. extremely important.

your vehicle will either completely stop running or run like absolute crap.

If one fails does it damage

no it won't break parts, but the engine will barely run, if it does at all.

How much

a new MAF for my '88 Toyota MR2 is still about 800 bucks for a new one.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to