Extended Warranty Question

I just received a solicitation from GMPP (General Motors Protection Plan) to buy an extended warranty for my '02 Trailblazer. I had this same warranty for my '95 Impala SS and was generally pleased with it. I did not purchase it for the TB due to economic conditions.

I do recall that when purchased from the dealer, there was some negotiating room. How would this work dealing directly with GM, or can I purchase from another source who will dicker on price. If that is the case, do y'all have any sources to start this process?

TIA

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom Simchak

Try this dealership in western PA. I got a good deal with them on my '03

Envoy. Ed in Philly

Big Ed

negotiating

I used Ultimate Warranty Corp. for my 99 GMC Suburban I bought used. Cost me a grand in 01 and I have spent twice that on miscellaneous repairs, most of which I could have taken of myself but with a $50 deductible the "Burb" went to the shop and I went to the pool. ;-)

Reply to
Taraker