Fluid change on 1998 GMC Sierra 4x4

I think I have to change all the fluids, i.e. transfer case, tranny, diff etc. The previous owner of my vehicle was a mechanic and he put all synthetic fluids in. How long should these last? I am an Industrial Electrician and work in a mechanical environment everyday. Should I attempt these fluid changes? Are the drain and fill plugs relatively easy access?

Thanks for any advice,

Blair

Reply to
Blair