Free Diagnostics - Does anyone know where I can get them?

I went to autozone and they said they don't do it aymore. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Tia, Wilmero

Reply to
<me

if you live in the ST.Louis area I have a buddy who has the diagnostic equipment but he only uses it for friends and personal use. but if your close, i could arrange something. it might cost you a 12 pack beerskis. Have a Great One ! Bob

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

Where are you located?

I know for a fact AZ still does the diagnostics - I had to do one in the rain today damnit........

JC

help it would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Reply to
Mike Levy

help it would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Brian Prater

Like Mike said - and I think I have heard it at work in passing - some stores don't do it due to customer base, state laws, etc......just like some stores in Dallas (and CA from what I've heard) make their "red shirts" wear orange...

How long ya been with the 'zone?

JC

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

From what I have heard talking to the local AZ folks it is due to California stipulating in a new law that any place that does emissions related testing also must be a registered repair facility. AZ isn't they only sell parts. So they stopped doing tests. However there is a way around it, I think. Many AZs loan tools, "borrow" the code reader and check your codes (DO NOT CLEAR THEM YET) and return it.

Reply to
Steve W.

In Arizona Checker Auto will lend you an Auto X Ray. You attach it, get the codes and bring it into the store. They hook it to a computer and print out a detailed page of what it found.

Al

Reply to
Big Al