Front end problems

I recently purchased a 1995 Sierra SLE witha 5.7 motor and I sent it out to the local technical college to have some rough idle issues corrected and the teacher mentioned that I have some front end issues. He specifically said that I needed tie rods, an idler arm and a pitman arm. Since they had front end alignments in the early part of the year they would not be able to fix this for me. Is there somewhere online that could get some diagrams and instructions to possibly due this repair myself and take it in for an alignment when I am done. I am fairly mechanically inclined but am I biting off more than I can chew. The truck is a extended cab with a long bed and 2 wheel drive if this will make any difference. Thanks in advance, Phil Wolf

Reply to
PW

Phil,

Just head out to your local parts store and pick up a Haynes or Chiltons manual for your truck. This will have the instructions. While the FSM is a way better resource for repair instructions, Haynes or Chiltons ain't too bad for simple stuff like this.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Consider buying MOOG parts IF available.....

They may be of better quality....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer