Fuel gauge '07 Trailblazer

Recently the fuel gauge on my '07 Trailblazer has been acting up. The needle dropping to empty and the light coming on when there's still half of a tank. Bouncing around from empty to half full for no reason.

Is there something my local garage can do for it or is this one of those GM mechanic only times?

Reply to
Tazz

Could be the gauge itself or the sender. Can be tested with a good scan tool. Usually what you're seeing is the sender unit. Around 75.00 for the past online. Local shop can handle it if they are any good at all.

Reply to
Steve W.

Seems to be an issue with Trailblazers. Mine (on a '06) was replaced under warranty and I have heard from others that they have had the problem also. In my case, it was a bad sending unit in the tank.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for the info guys.