Fuel Pump... 1992 s10

Question.. Before I replace the fuel pump, are the 2 wires that make up the connector that power the fuel pump both supposed to be live or is one live and one ground? I'm not sure if I have a bad fuel pump or falty wiring.

Reply to
maxx2

Black wire is ground, Gray wire is 12V controlled by relay

--reed

Reply to
Reed

Reply to
maxx2

On my '91 one of the two wires is power for the pump, the other is for the fuel gauge. The tank is grounded to the frame.

Reply to
SBlackfoot