fuel/trip computer for an S-10

Since I have been unable to find an aftermarket trip computer to put in an S-10, I am hoping to find some help in moving one from any other GM vehicle in a junk yard, to the S-10. Is it impossible, nearly so, simply unlikely or impractical, or so commonly done that everyone thinks everybody knows how? :) I haven't been here before, and apologize if this was covered "last month." Walt Jacksonville, Fl

Reply to
Morgan "Smith"

EBay has 'em often enough

Reply to
Topprolmc

jimnluna

It is possible. I'm waiting on a custom-made harness to do just this. I believe he's only making this available to members on zr2.com. I'll have a short console with the full trip computer and homelink within 2 weeks. I have the console, just need the harness and then the time to put it in. Any console from an S-10 Blazer will work, but this guy only has the data bus on 98 and newer trucks figured out, so he'll only do one for a 98+ truck and 98+ console.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
KENG

I know this thread is about a month old but I had not yet completed the project at that time. I installed an overhead console from a 1999 Blazer in my 2000 S-10. I used a wiring harness; built by a member of an on-line message board dedicated to ZR2 S-series trucks; to hook up the power, temp sensor and HomeLink. You can see pics of my install on my Imagestation album linked below, you need an account on the site to view it.

It looks like a lot of work to install but it's not that terrible. Nearly burned the back of my hand doing it, the metal above that headliner gets HOT when it's in the sun...

Reply to
Mike Levy